Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Hello World!


First post on the new blog! If you are reading this then welcome, if you're not... well then it doesn't matter :)

Introductions are in order I suppose. My name is Maddy and I am currently a sophomore at Henderson State University (Go Reddies!). As you have probably surmised, I am in the band here on campus-- the Showband of Arkansas. This is my mellophone family (the Mellohomies!). 

I am currently an art education major, but am thinking about changing it to Early Education (K-6th grade). 

The first part of my life I lived in Jacksonville, AR with my parents and two younger sisters; when I was in the seventh grade we moved to Vilonia, AR where I attended from eighth grade all the way until graduation. Now my family lives in the Redfield/White Hall, AR area with our chickens and two amazing dogs! I was active in my youth group at church and the art and music programs at my school. I was on the praise team and in the choir, as well as multiple clubs and organizations. I was in band starting 6th grade year and played French horn and mellophone all the way through high school. I took my freshman year of college off-- MAJOR MISTAKE!-- and joined band again the fall of my sophomore year. 

I love to eat Mexican and Mediterranean foods, read books, and hang out with my friends. I am an avid movie-goer and Netflix-watcher, and when I am not too busy I enjoy sitting down to watch seasons of my favorite TV shows. 

Well, this is the end of this post. See you next time! 

5 comments:

  1. You have a good voice. I enjoyed reading your post and congrats on braving the k-6th graders. They are sweet with loads of energy to go around. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a fantastic writer! I just wanted your post to be longer because it was so good. I also love dogs and have two of my own. The Henderson band is amazing, so congratulations on being a part of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friend! Your blog looks amazing!!! I love your fishies :D I didn't know you were gonna change your major! I hope you still stick with art with whatever you decide to do. You're an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! And yes I plan on at least minoring in it since I already have so many hours dedicated to it.
      PS-- if you click on the water you'll feed the fishies :)

      Delete
  4. That is so cool that your in the band here at Henderson. The band does an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete